Using 3D Printing to Fight The Corona Virus
Help us get the word out to those who need 3D Resources to help battle Covid-19. Here are some we have been made aware of. If you know of others, please email us and let us know.
3D-Fuel is offering up to 20% Off for groups making masks, filters, valves, screens and other PPE or Medical devices to combat Covid-19.
Please use this discount code ONLY for materials to be used to battle Covid-19. We want to make sure we get the discounted filament to those who need it and are already seeing short supply.
DISCOUNT CODE: COVID19HEROES
If you are part of a group that is making PPE, etc. to battle Covid-19, use the discount code. Let us know what you're working on and how the filament will be used and we'll list your group on this list as well.
NOTE: We are quickly selling out of many of our products due to this discount and the need for 3D printing during this crisis. When our current inventory is depleted, this discount will expire.
What material should I be using?
This will depend on what PPE you are working on and how they will be used. Be sure to contact the people you're working with to make sure you're using the product they need so your time and efforts will not be wasted. Here are some general guidelines:
PETG - This appears to be the most popular right now. It withstands cleaning with bleach and alcohol and seems to be the suggested material for Face Shields and Face shield halos. (We are making PETG as fast as we can, the inventory will come and go as it is sold out almost as soon as we add more inventory, so sign up for an alert on the PETG pages to be emailed when more is added.)
OBC - This is a new material made by 3D-Fuel and DOW Chemical. It is lightweight, strong, non-hydroscopic (will not absorb moisture) and chemical resistant. It can also be flexible in thin walled items. See the OBC Page for more info.
Pro PLA - For other PPE we recommend our Pro PLA as it has the highest strength, heat-resistance, and flexibility of all our PLA Products.
Search for #hackthepandemic for a number of resources and programs ongoing.
- Smarter Every Day - Huntsville, AL Group Face Shields
- Wyoming Technology Coronavirus Coalition https://wytechcc.com/
- NYC Hackaday Classes and Where to Ship Prints
- Chicago Area Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/215732466180493
- You can download an stl from that site that is still in beta, but with full instructions.
- Making masks with copper content: https://copper3d.com/hackthepandemic/
- Masks for Docs https://www.linkedin.com/company/masks-for-docs/ or https://masksfordocs.com/
- BudMen - Mask Instructions - https://budmen.com/
- Prusa Mask Details - https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/25857-prusa-protective-face-shield-rc2
Face Shields for Sweedish Covenant Hospital
COVID Supply Connection
- #Get US PPE https://getusppe.org/
- Everybody 3D Prints in NY is accepting Face Shield bases and will add the clear screens and distribute to hospitals in NY.
- The Ventilator Project Theventilatorproject.org.
Face Shield Initiative, ST. Louis
FDA Advice on Making Devices for Medical Use
- 3D Printing Against Covid-19
- Houston Makers making Face Shields